Procedures for students transferring to IEC from another college or language school in the United States

As a transfer student you have 60 days from the date you finish a program to be accepted into another program or leave the U.S. For example, if you finish classes at school A on 05/31/2018, you have to be accepted by school B before 07/31/2018. You must start classes at the next available session or semester.

To apply for IEC as a transfer student, you will need to submit the following:

The top part of F-1 Transfer Student Status Verification Form must be filled out by you. Then, you will give the form to your advisor at your current school who will fill out the bottom part and fax the form back to IEC office at +1 925 676 4200 or email the form to

Once IEC staff confirms that you are eligible to transfer, you will be issued a transfer acceptance letter. A copy of the letter will be emailed to your advisor so that he/she can complete the transfer in SEVIS. Our SEVIS school code is: SFR214F01867001

If you are traveling outside the United States prior to starting your program at IEC, you will need to indicate where IEC needs to mail your I-20. You will need to show the transfer I-20 at the port of entry.

As a transfer student, you can re-enter the United States anytime as long as you have a valid visa, a valid I-20 and a recent bank statement. You may be asked to show proof of financial support at the port of entry (airport).

Read the IEC acceptance letter to find out what day and what time you must report to IEC for your placement test and orientation

IEC is an excellent place for you!

Did you know that Diablo Valley College is the number one feeder institution to the University of California at Berkeley?

Download Multi-lingual fact sheets (-pdf) in Arabic, English, French, Chinese Simplified, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.

Find us on Facebook
Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery
IEC Blog
Watch our Video